NGL Roundup: June 5, 2023
Download The NGL Roundup FREE from East Daley Analytics.
- EIA NGL production grew 3% M-o-M (250 Mb/d) and 5% Y-o-Y (293 Mb/d). TX Inland and New Mexico production came in higher than expected, largely due to higher ethane recovery. Ethane production in those sub-PADDs hit a record high 1,575 Mb/d, indicating the Permian continues to be in full recovery.
- Ethane recovery in the Anadarko also surprised, reaching levels not seen since the Medford fractionator explosion last July. Disruptions at Shell’s Monaca cracker, on the other hand, led to decreased ethane production in the Northeast.
- Propane/propylene inventories continue to mark new 5-year highs, even after accounting for record propane/propylene exports.
- Interested in tracking basin and sub-basin NGL production, ethane rejection, and fractionator utilization? EDA’s NGL Network Model and Purity Product Forecast will help you dig deeper than EIA data and connect the dots between NGL supply and demand.
The NGL Roundup reviews monthly NGL data from EIA and East Daley’s own basin-level supply forecasts of Y-grade and NGL purity products. Follow key NGL data trends:
- NGL production by basin
- Supply forecasts by NGL purity product
- Ethane recovery by basin
- Historical and future NGL prices
- Conway and Mont Belvieu frac spreads
- NGL storage trends
- Regional NGL exports
The NGL Roundup is East Daley’s latest product driving transparency to energy markets. We provide a FREE snapshot of data from our NGL Network Model and Purity Product Dataset. These reports tie our NGL supply forecasts to downstream markets, providing asset-specific insights such as pipeline and fractionation volumes and rates.
We use our patented method to monitor midstream flows from processing plants to fractionation centers, identifying infrastructure bottlenecks before the market recognizes them. Using a bottoms-up approach to supply, we go deeper than the PADD or sub-PADD level to truly understand what is happening on the ground in NGLs.